Something told us that it might be a good time to blog about how Instagram is being used to promote brands in social media. $1 billion does speak pretty loudly these days, so there must be something to it. Here’s a roundup of articles on how brands are using Instragram.
- The Social Media blog presented a top ten list of early Instragram adopters last year. Playboy, Gucci, ABC News and Red Bull were among those named.
- Last year, Mashable observed that while many retailers were getting hip to Instagram, it hadn’t yet been fully embraced by the music world. The blog offered a list of tips to bands to better living through photos.
- The blog Fashion’s Collective has touted Instagram as the “must have” for fashion brands. It describes the app as a great way for brands to spread the word among fashionistas and for users to generate their own content is support of the their own favorites.
- Bergdorf Goodman created a terrific, interactive Instagram campaign for its shoes by creating its own “Shoes About Town” app. Shoe enthusiasts were invited to take pictures of their own favorites in locations around Manhattan using Instagram and to post them to the Bergdorf map.
- Starbucks is also getting into the act, inviting devotees to post their Starbucks inspired photos on Instragram with #starbucks and to follow them on the photo site. It’s featuring some of its favorites on the Starbucks website.